Sunday, August 23, 2009

Adopt Me - I'm Teddy the Lap Dog


This entry comes from Teddy, our guest blogger who is currently staying at Rover Oaks in Katy, TX while waiting for a loving forever home.

Hi,

My name is Teddy and I am a seven year old, seventy pound Shar-Pei mix. I might look a little gruff (I prefer to think of it as "distinguished"), but I am really just a big old teddy bear. Get it? "TEDDY" bear! Hah!

Anyway, my story is a little sad but things have been looking up for me in the last couple of years. I was a stray, and a very nice lady found me on the road after I'd been hit by a car. She picked me up and took me to a vet, where they took care of my injuries and also treated my heartworms. She wanted to keep me, but I didn't get along very well with her other dogs, so she asked CAP (Citizens for Animal Protection) if they could find me a home.

The folks at CAP asked their friends at Rover Oaks in Katy if they could work with me a little bit since I wasn't very good with other dogs. So, I came to Rover Oaks, where I have been staying for over a year. The trainers there told CAP that I'm not really dog-aggressive, I just have something called a high prey drive so I am inclined to chase after smaller animals. Who knows, maybe it's because I had to find my own food out there on the streets.

In any case, I absolutely love people and all the folks at Rover Oaks absolutely love me in return. The only reason I haven't gone home with one of them is that almost everybody already has other pets, and it would really be best for me to be the only animal in the house. My favorite things are chew bones and stuffed toys, and my favorite activity (besides sitting in laps and getting chest rubs) is tug-of-war. Most days I get to go and hang out in the big kitchen at Rover Oaks, where everyone pays attention to me and I get lots of love. But, it would be even better if I had a family of my very own!

I'm a very low maintenance kind of guy and would be happy if I could find a home where I could be someone's couch potato companion. I'm also very healthy, except for some pesky allergies that make me really itchy in the late spring and early summer.

So, I just wanted to tell you my story and hope that someone who reads this might know someone who would like to take me home! The trainers at Rover Oaks would be very happy to work with any new family to help us adjust to our life together. If you'd like more information on me, you can call Rover Oaks in Katy at 281-693-7687 and talk with Joy or Jacque. Thanks for letting me share my story!

Love, Teddy (a/k/a the Lap Dog)

1 comment:

Woof! If you're not registered, be sure to leave your e-mail address so Euri can write you back.