Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Heartworm

I went to the vet yesterday so they could test me for heartworm. Mommy makes sure I take a special pill every month so I don't get it, but unfortunately I still have to be poked once a year to make sure the medicine is working. Mommy says it's medicine but it tastes just like a yummy treat to me.

The vet tech tried two times to get my blood to come out but it didn't work. Maybe I'm too furry? He was awfully nice so I didn't mind. Then a different vet tech had to draw my blood and I was a very good boy. I didn't moan, whince, move or anything. I really like the staff there. They are always so nice to me. When it was all over, I got a special bone-shaped treat. And I when I was in the waiting room, one nice man said cockers are great. He told mommy that cocker spaniels are like children, only better. Mommy is always getting compliments about me. I must be one special dog. Well, when I'm not trying to eat poop that is.

I hope all of you doggies out there are on heartworm preventative medicine. If you're not, make sure you tell your owners to get you tested. If your test comes back negative, that's a good thing. Just take your medication - which tastes like a yummy treat - once a month and you're good to go.

Heartworm isn't a good thing so you want to make sure you never get it. It is a yucky worm that you can get from a mosquito bite. Mosquitoes like to bite my mommy. She has big red marks all over her legs. We can't wait until the winter when there won't be as many mosquitoes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Woof! If you're not registered, be sure to leave your e-mail address so Euri can write you back.